Check out the job openings below and submit your online application. Please note that only thoroughly completed applications will be accepted. Wildlife Safari is a drug-free workplace and applicants must pass a drug screen (including for Marijuana) prior to being offered a position.
Customer Service Clerk | Full Time/ Part Time
The Customer Service Clerk welcomes guests to the park, transacts sales, verifies memberships, provides park rules
and answers guest questions.
The goal of the Customer Service Clerk is to create a positive, fun and professional impression of the park. In many
instances, the entrance clerk is the only interaction that members and guests will have with park staff; therefore,
the incumbent must demonstrate outstanding customer service skills, up-sell the park’s benefits and services as
appropriate, and acquire extensive park knowledge to answer questions and advise guests as required.
- Welcome guests in enthusiastic and sincere manner
- Open and close entrance gate (when working entrance booth)
- Transact sales; distribute tickets, receipts, maps, etc.
- Accurately handle cash and credit card sales
- Explain the park rules
- Inspect vehicles to assure guest, animal and keeper safety
- Answer guest questions
- Up-sell park products and services as appropriate e.g. memberships, encounters, facility rental, etc.
- Sell guidebooks, kennel locks, cameras, batteries, etc.
- Respond as required to park codes
- Gate operation at a fast pace
- Radio communication
- Guest communication
- Maintain cleanliness of booth(s) and stock supplies
- Collect guest data for finance, marketing, or other research projects
- Balance daily receipts
- A food handlers card may be required depending on the location
- Be available to work multiple departments as needed
- A minimum high school diploma or equivalency.
- Outstanding customer service skills including friendliness and tact.
- At least one year previous experience in a retail environment handling cash and credit sales.
- Candidates for this position must agree to a background check.