Guests from all over the world come to visit the exotic and native animals at Wildlife Safari. Wildlife Safari is hiring for a seasonal Safari Guide. The Safari Guide greets park guests, hands out village schedules, promotes events and answer basic guest questions. They direct the guest to Guest Services for registration, memberships, encounters or more in-depth questions. The Safari Guide is also responsible for operating the Wildlife Safari train as well as drive guests on encounter vehicles.
The goal of the Safari Guide is to create a positive, fun, and professional impression of the park while up-selling additional services. They are expected to demonstrate outstanding customer service skills, promote park benefits, provide pleasant train rides and other services as appropriate, and acquire extensive park knowledge to answer questions and advise guests as needed.
· Welcome guests in enthusiastic and sincere manner
· Distribute the daily encounter schedule and answer guest questions
· Up-sell park services as appropriate e.g. memberships, encounters, facility rental, etc
· Inspect vehicles, making sure they have gas and are ready for the day’s encounters
· Have the appropriate vehicle at the curb ready for the encounters
· Must use proper radio etiquette with Guest Services and animal departments
· Help guests on and off vehicles and follow safety protocols
· Parks encounters vehicles in appropriate areas at the end of the day
· Provide daily train rides, sell and collect train tokens, and conduct track safety inspections
· Keep vehicles, train, and workplace clear and clean at all times
· Work with Maintenance on checking train fluids, wheels, safety belts and train cars for functionality
· Must have current driver license for at least three years and clean driving record
· Outgoing, self-motivated, good with people & possess outstanding customer service skills
· Must be able to pass drug test, including marijuana
· Candidate must agree to a background check
· Must be able to work in extreme temperatures
- Free membership with reciprocal zoo
- 40% off in Restaurant and Gift Shop
- Sick leave
- Vet and vehicle services at cost
- Free animal encounters
- Employee parties throughout the year
Applications will be accepted until position is filled.
Wildlife Safari is a drug-free workplace and applicants must pass a drug screen (including for Marijuana) prior to being offered a position.
Wildlife Safari will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Wildlife Safari will not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of physical or mental disability in regard to any position for which the applicant is qualified.